Forums  ›  General Discussion  ›  JW Support & Religous Discussion - NO PREACHING

Times and Locations

In the end it’s all a matter of times and locations. If a suicide bomber was raised in Fiji, or Australia, or America… they would not be suicide bombers. They were taught to believe that what they were doing was right. There is no possible way to explain to them why what they are doing is wrong. You can’t say or do anything to change their mind.

If I tell you that it’s wrong to shun me, and that it’s not in the bible, you will not believe me. You will no doubt tell me the places in your holy book why you are right. But guess what…. So does the Muslim…. So does the Hindu… So does the Seventh day Adventist. They all think the other guy is wrong, and they can show you from their book why what they believe is the truth. Even the Muslim’s have hundreds of scriptures in their book that they say are prophecies. They also have hundreds of scriptures that they say corroborate with science. http://www.quranmiracles.org/ Who is right? They can articulate very well why there Allah is the true god and why Islam is the only way to salvation.

The Seventh Day Adventist doesn’t wear jewelry. They can show the verse in the bible why they do that… and that makes them feel good about what they believe. Every “Christian” spin off has reasons why they are the “true” religion. They can point to all the problems that every other Christian religion has, but they fail to see their own. How is it ok for a Hindu girl to be shunned by her family for changing who she believes is the true god, but not ok for a Witness to change their belief? I understand it’s very simple when you know you’re the one with the true god. But that is the point! Everyone KNOWS they have the true god. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.