Forums  ›  New Here?  ›  Please Introduce Yourself, Tell Your Story

My Story

Well, this is my story. My mom got involved with JWs when I was about 3. I grew up in a rural congregation. We had an elder that was a little how shall I say umm...controlling!!! I was baptized at age 16. I guess what motivated me to leave was being told who I could and who I couldnt be friends with or associate with. My best friends dad was an elder (the controlling one). After my friend got disfellowshipped they were telling me I couldnt talk to him anymore and I finally said well you can kiss my arse, hes my friend and my soul mate and you are NOT telling me I can't talk to him, so I left. Not to mention I was getting to the point of hating service, talks, meeting and all the other crap that went with it. The elder I mentioned pretty much made it miserable. Us kids always said out congregation had an extra book of the bible, we had the book of "Frank" added in ours lol. We were told what to wear, how to have our hair cut, who could talk to who and all our group activities had to be chaperoned...come on people, even playing basketball? Get Real!!! I think its pretty sad that in 10 years there were approximatly 25 youth between the ages of 11 and 18 that left that congregation.

Now I am married with 3 GREAT kids and have a lot of friends that are closer than the ones I had. I dont go to church, but do believe in God. I am happy with my life and do not regret my decision at all. My mom and siblings also seen the light and left too.

Welcome to The Broad Road!

I think its pretty GREAT that in 10 years there were approximately 25 youth between the ages of 11 and 18 that left that congregation. It's a false religion and a cult.

I'm glad you moved on with life and are happy now. But true freedom will come from more studying, don't stop now! :)

Thanks for sharing your story.

The real truth will stand up to any scrutiny.