Forums  ›  New Here?  ›  Please Introduce Yourself, Tell Your Story

My Story

OK I haven't really been wanting to tell my story, first because I'm a "drifter" or whatever the hell you call it, let's lose the labels but I'm not DF or DA my family knows I don't go to the meetings and sort of know I maybe don't believe or not but no specifics, been avoiding conflict. Oh and let me say that I don't appreciate exJW's telling me that this is not good...that I must DF or DA myself. That is a trait of exJWs i don't like, the need to tell other people what to do and control other people.

I just got done reading Confessions of a Teenage Jesus Jerk. It was reccomended to me by someone on this site. It's good, just a first person story kind of a "coming of age" story except JW style.

Reading it really made me realized I am screwed up and the way we were raised is screwed up (if you were raised in witness family with elder dad like me and author of this book.) Of course I already knew those two things but it kind of touched me. I just put a lot of pressure on myself to me normal, hell to be perfect. I want so badly for "worldly" people to understand how I grew up, how screwed up it is, why I am the way I am, even to feel sorry for me. Of course this isn't going to happen.

I don't really know what else to say without getting into explicit details of my life or how I left which I don't want to do.

Basically I'm a recovering exJW about 2 years in the process, leading a pretty good life but with some JW ghosts in the closet keeping me from happiness.

Glad to have you here 'nogod', we're 'worldly' now too, and we definitely understand.

You've been one of the more interesting ones I've gotten the privilege to chat with regularly.

Everyone else watch out, this one's got FIRE! Surprised

The real truth will stand up to any scrutiny.

Welcome, I never heard of that book sounds interesting since I was raised with my Dad being an elder.