Forums  ›  New Here?  ›  Please Introduce Yourself, Tell Your Story

Introducing Me : )

Copied and pasted from JWR

Introducing Me

Postby Long Gone » Tue May 14, 2013 2:59 pm

I am sure my story won't be so different than everyone elses here. I am disfellowshipped. Went through a brief period of being in the Baptist religion years afterwards. What a joke that was! Now a non-believer completely and happily so. I have been out of the the organization since 1991 or so. I just don't care or put a lot of thought into the organization anymore. Most of my aunts, uncles, and cousins that are JW's are just a distant memory that I don't care about anymore. My father is the closest JW family member I have left and our talks are limited to a few times a year. I am fine with that unless he brings up me coming to the meetings or such. I just don't want to think about anything JW related at all it seems.

I have more trouble now from people that are fundamental "Christians" who always attempt to scare me with their burning hell threats and annoying prayers and scripture rants. It doesn't help living in the bible belt of the U.S. either. I am totally surrounded by believers. I have joined this site for the reason that exJW's understand more than anyone that religion being pushed down one's throat is not appreciated.