Forums  ›  New Here?  ›  Please Introduce Yourself, Tell Your Story

I didn't leave, I was disfellowshipped.

Hi I'm Mark. I was raised as a JW and I still strongly believe God will intervene very soon, there will be an Armageddon and the Earth will be cleansed of all wickedness and be transformed into a global paradise.

So why am I here? I have struggled for many years with sinful tendencies, tried very hard to live up to Jehovah's righteous standards. It just got too hard in the end so I gave up and recommended to the elders that I should be disfellowshipped. I should point out that I stopped going to meetings for some time prior to that.

I have been very hurt by some "so called" brothers and sisters over the years, which made me feel very negative. My attitude was though, that I'm serving Jehovah....NOT the brothers! There is no such thing as a perfect Organization, or a perfect JW. We ALL make mistakes. Nonetheless these one's will answer to Jehovah, there is no doubt about that.

I lost my dear wife to cancer over 5 years ago. We were married for over 12 years. I miss her so much. I am now on my own, feeling very lonely and have no one, especially now since being disfellowshipped. That's really why I joined this website, to perhaps meet others in a similar situation to myself. Is there anyone here in Adelaide South Australia?

I'll just say one other thing....NOTHING anyone says here will change my belief in the Bible. Think about this....if there is no God, what hope is there? You might as well get all you can out of life while you have the time. That's the motto today isn't it? Life is short...live it to the max! God has to step in....otherwise what chance have we got?? You might think me as brainwashed, but to me it all makes perfect sense. I'm sorry if I come across as being preachy, that is not my intention. Just stating the facts.

Hi Mark, welcome the the broad road. I am very sorry for the loss of your wife.

Thanks so much for your kind words. I really appreciate it.

I like your quote about serving Jehovah not the brothers. Good for you!

Welcome to The Broad Road!

I won't try to change someone's beliefs who admits that they just need them. If you are ever curious otherwise though, check out the articles here.

Sorry too about your wife. My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer recently, and told she has about a year to live. She still won't talk to me.

The real truth will stand up to any scrutiny.